BRING HEADPHONES/EARPHONES TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY FOR QUIZ!
- Arpeggio/Solfege Song in C
- Page 14, #1 – 4
- Page 9 #5 and 6
- http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/ear-interval – Number paper from 1-20
- http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/ear-scale – Number paper from 1-20
Benward and Aural Prof. Review –
- We will review Chapter 1 – 3 with emphasis on counting, notation, scales and intervals.
- You will notate rhythms, scales, intervals and the concert/actual pitch from parts written for transposing instruments.
COMPREHENSIVE QUIZ TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY (computer – headphones needed)!
COMPREHENSIVE TEST THURSDAY/FRIDAY(paper)!
This is the last week of the first grading period. Be sure to check Skyward and turn in any homework not completed.
Log-on to your computer –
Click here for quiz: http://www.quia.com/quiz/2582589.html
Log-in to the quiz with the username and password emailed to you from Quia. (Same as the first quiz.)
When complete, study chapter 4 in Benward. When everyone is complete we will start learning about chords.
TEST: in AP format (on paper). I will play aural examples as indicated.
After exam is complete, we will continue chapter 4 in Benward.
You will begin Assignment 4.1 and 4.2, identifying types the four triads and then constructing triads in root position.
Additional resources for chords:
- Music Theory 1 – Video 8: Identifying Triads.
- Thirds chart: A C E G B D F A C E – used for ANY “generic” stack of triads or 7th chords