SMART is a SKILL. Learn to be “smart.” How? OWN the knowledge and application…
don’t just know it, or know about it,
Aural Prof: Sight Singing Review:
And as applied to the AP Music Theory Exam:
We will be learning MORE about intervals.
USE YOUR RESOURCES:
- Benward book pages 55 – 63.
- Aural Prof page 17
You will: sing each interval, identify intervals by type and quality, notate intervals by type and quality, predict and write interval inversions.
Log on to your computer and Click on Sibelius icon (IP address: 10.57.11.11):
TURN IN Benward Ch. 2 pack and Aural Prof Assignment #4
(always at beginning of class).
- Interval Review
- On staff paper, create 20 short measures (2 notes per measure) for interval ear training
- Arpeggio/Solfege Song in ?
- Page 13, #1-8 (Intervals from tonic triad – mark them)
- Page 15, #3-5
- Page 16, 1-2
- Assignment #5
We will learn extended interval concepts:
- inversion (Benward pack 3.5)
- interval reduction (Benward pack 3.9)
- Unusual intervals (Benward pack 3.10)
- counterpoint (Benward pack 3.7 and 3.8)
- transposition for various instruments. (Why are instruments in different keys?)
You will: sing each interval, simplify intervals and write transposed parts for common instruments.